Islands of Siankaba to host winner of the Safarious.com Travel Photography Competition
Islands of Siankaba is very proud to be one of the sponsors of a fantastic GBP25,000 trip to Zambia for 2 for the winner of this competition. Keep reading for more information:
And the winner of the Safarious.com Travel Photography competition is……
After 6 months of themed heats, more than 3,500 entries, and 18 finalist images, at last we have the grand winner of the Safarious.com travel photography competition!
The winner of the once-in-a–lifetime safari to Zambia with wildlife photographer Sue Flood and top of the range travel goods, is Indian amateur photographer, AJAY VISWANATH with his image “Husks fly away”.
“I was on a solo trip to KuruvaDweep, in the WayanadDisrict in Kerala, India. It’s a remote place where technology has not yet completely taken over the old, traditional methods of farming. It was a sunny day in the late morning and I came to a junction of two roads – one where all the tourists were going and the other with just a few locals passing by. I tookthis road, and after a kilometer, I saw these women working on their farm, cracking their husks and surrounded by dust. I knew I wanted to share this image with the world – I am so glad I took the right road!”
Ajay is a 25-year-old software engineer from Tamil Nadu, in India who is passionate about travel and photography. The image was taken with a Canon D55
A panel of professional judges chose the six finalist images from our Top 18, and from there it was up to theSafarious community as well as the public to decide who would win the safari to Zambia worth $35,000. Ajay garnered an impressive 1, 750 votes from around the world!
Ajay will now make plans to embark on his two week holiday to Zambia, with top wildlife photographer Sue Flood. The contest was a huge success, and we would like to thank everyone for their participation and support, as wellas a big thank you to our generous sponsors: The Bushcamp Company, The Islands of Siankaba, Remote Africa, Sue Flood Photography, Minox, Paramo, Gitzo, Steppes Travel and Proflight Zambia.
Here is a reminder of what he has won:
- 7 nights for two at The Bushcamp Company Lodge or Camp of their choice located in South Luangwa National Park, Zambia www.bushcampcompany.com
- 4 nights for two at the luxury Zambezi River Lodge, Islands of Siankaba, Victoria Falls www.siankaba.net
- 3 nights of wilderness camping for two at Tafika, in the South Luangwa Valley www.remoteafrica.com
- Photo tuition and trip documentation by award-winning wildlife photographer Sue Flood www.sueflood.com
- Top of the range binoculars from one of the world’s top optics makers, Minox www.minox.com
- A $1,200 voucher for high-performance travel wear from Paramo www.paramo.co.uk
- A camera tripod from Gitzo, the brand favored worldwide by professional wildlife watchers www.gitzo.co.uk
- International flights supplied by ethical travel company Steppes Travel www.steppestravel.co.uk
Safarious.com is the social network for adventurers. It’s an exciting interactive community for all those interested in the world’s wild places. From the fleetingly curious to the seriously committed, Safarious is your meeting place. Sign up for FREE and join more than 10,000 other like-minded members.www.safarious.com